Expansive Civilian Warfare (ECW) is a standalone game that is built off the W3D engine (specifically the version that C&C Renegade used). Based off of the late Roleplay 2, the new ECW team has taken C&C Renegade to a whole new level!
- A massive land mass that’s 100,000×150,000 meters to explore. Although a lot of that is water, there are secrets down there…
- Over 100 different weapons and items for the player to use, each with their own unique features.
- Over 47 different player controllable vehicles which include: Tanks, Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Hovercraft, Helicopters, Jets, VTOLs, hot air balloons, and Mechanical Walkers.
- Fishing, Cashier, Train Conductor, and Police Officer jobs to make it easy for the player to make money.
- Smart AI that can drive vehicles, form teams, and decide if they like a player or not based on the players actions.
- Houses that can be bought by the player, and be customized to their liking. Players can also spawn from their house which helps speed up their ability to move around the map.
- A cell phone system, which is one of the most useful pieces of equipment in ECW. It allows the transfer of money into the bank; the ability to “call” other players; the option to buy houses, vehicles, and weapons; trigger certain weapons; and many other things!
- An inventory system that C&C Renegade had previously never seen the likes of. There is an inventory size limit which can be expanded by buying a backpack or usage of remote storage (the starting size limit is 10, but can easily be increased to a max of 135). It also allows players to drop weapons and items, as well as set their own favorite weapon for easy purchase at a later time. The inventory system allows the player to carry up to 50 weapons. This system allows for not only a size on the weapons, but their ammo as well. One of the biggest gains of the system is that when a player dies, they keep all of their weapons for thier next life with a 10% ammo redution.(The player however still drops the item they were holding at the time of death).
- When you get tired of that, a Mutant Assault mode, which comes with its own surprises and fun!
- And many more things that wouldn’t fit this list!
Team Leader/Lead Producer/Lead Scripter:
3d Modeler and Texturer:
Lead Coder/Website Designer: